BUTYLEN tapes and tape systems have been used for more than 40 years to provide long-term corrosion protection for buried pipes, welded joints, pipe bends and structural elements.
The invention of the first three-ply bonding tape (BUTYLEN-Tape S40) by DEKOTEC in 1971 was followed about 10 years later by further development to produce the asymmetrical three-ply tapes mainly used today.
BUTYLEN tape systems have been used very successfully in large-scale pipeline construction and in pipeline renovation since 1971. Thanks to constant improvement and the use of modern polyethylene materials,
BUTYLEN tape systems even today represent the state of the art in corrosion protection bonding tape.
BUTYLEN tapes can be combined in various ways to make tape systems. All systems have in common that a self-amalgamating three-ply tape or a butyl tape is always used for the innermost layer of corrosion protection. Only tapes of this type amalgamate in the overlap area to form a sleeve-like coating that is practically diffusion resistant to water vapor and oxygen.
Two tape system for the corrosion protective coating of metal pipes according to DIN 30672 and EN 12068. For highly corrosive conditions and high mechanical stresses.
Properties of the Dekotec Butylen Self-Amalgamating Tape System:
· Mechanically highly resistant tape system (stress-class C-50 according to DIN EN 12068)
· Sleeve-type coating due to amalgamation of innerwrap tape
· Practically impermeable to water vapour and oxygen.
· Resistant to soil bacteria and soil electrolyte
· Compatible with coatings from PE, PP, FBE, PU, CTE and Bitumen.
The BUTYLEN-System AS40+ / R20HT consists of:
· Solvent based priming solution.
· 3-ply plastics tape with stabilised polyethylene backing and butyl rubber adhesive layers on both sides.
· Fully amalgamating within overlap area.
· Highly conformable to any surface structure by thick grey butyl rubber layer facing pipe surface.
· Excellent bonding between adhesive and carrier film via co-extruded intermediate layer
· 2-ply plastics tape with stabilised polyethylene backing and butyl rubber adhesive on one side.
· Mechanically highly resistant by HDPE backing.
· Excellent bonding between adhesive and carrier film via co-extruded intermediate layer.
PALIMEX® -880/-855 is a protective tape system for the permanent protection of buried steel and cast iron pipelines.
PALIMEX® -880/-855 is a modular system comprised of the interior tape PALIMEX® -880 and the exterior tape PALIMEX® -855. Both the interior and exterior tapes are double-layered with a PE carrier film and a butyl adhesive layer on one side.